Workshop #1. Lacto-fermentation, the brining method
Workshop #2. Vegetable Fermentation without Salt
October 16th, Saturday, 11 AM EST
(1) You'll practice the brining method and ferment 5 various seasonal vegetables and mushrooms, with completely different flavours (pumpkin, beetroot and carrot, turnips, cauliflower/kohlrabi, mushrooms)
(2) Learn the methods for vegetable fermentation without salt (completely!) and practice them during the workshop.
Workshop #3. Dry-Salting Method. Sauerkraut and radish.
Workshop #4. Vinegars
October 23rd, Saturday, 11 AM EST
(1) Learn a different method of fermentation, without the addition of water, only with the natural juice of the vegetables. It's the method that's used to make classic sauerkraut.
(2) At the same time, we will also learn how to make vinegar, and prepare three different variations of it.
Workshop #5. Kimchi Method
Workshop #6. Fermented Drinks
October 30th, Saturday, 11 AM EST
(1) Prepare the classic kimchi, as well as a rare recipe of white kimchi.
(2) Prepare traditional fermented drinks from different countries, that can be made without maintaining a starter (Kombucha and Ginger bug video tutorials are included in your course access, and won't be taught live)
Workshop #7. The Science of Fermentation with the Food Scientist
Now that you are equipped with the skills of traditional fermentation techniques, and your "fermentation intuition" is strong, we'd like to invite you to a live presentation with a food scientist, and learn how fermentation looks like from a scientist's point of view.
Workshop #8. Miso Workshop
Create your own miso paste with a Japanese Chef (which, by the way, can be made not just with soya beans, but also with other types of beans!)
Workshop #9. Sauces and Chutneys
We will prepare 4 different sauces/chutneys, that we'll last in your fridge, literally, forever.
Workshop #10. Grain fermentation. Idli & Dosa with Srikant Singh
Learn the simple fermentation of rice and millet, with the addition of legumes, by re-creating famous Indian dosa.
Workshop #11. Tempeh, Fermentation of Legumes
Learn how to make a classic tempeh, by fermenting soy beans or other legumes of your choice. A Tempeh starter will be required by this workshop, which has to be purchased separately.
Workshop #12. Vegan Cheese (Soft)
We'll prepare two types of vegan cheese: (1) simple soft vegan cheeses, made from cashew or macadamia nuts; (2) nut-free vegan cheese made from bulgur