Beans and Lentils: Cooking Secrets
Adding lentils and beans to your daily diet: how to cook them for the best nutition and flavour
Pulses are a part of a diet of the longest (and healthiest!) living communites in the world, and not without a reason. The benefits of including beans and lentils in your daily diet are numerous. They are a great inexpensive source of vegetarian and vegan protein, iron, dietary fiber and vital vitamins. Pulses are credited for their properties that contribute to weight control, diabetes protection and reduced risk of heart desease. And of course they simply taste fantastic - if cooked right!
In many countries around the world beans and lentils have always been a part of a staple diet. Easy to grow and store, inexpensive, flavourful and nutritious, they can keep you full and healthy throughout seasons. Unfortunately, in many modern cultures the art of preparing pulses is partly lost.
Indeed it can be challenging to include lentils and beans to a daily diet, if you are not sure how to cook them. Moreover, beans are infamous for causing digestion probems. The good news is, if they are cooked right, and with correct spices, all of these issues can be avoided.
Our course is created to teach you how to easily cook pulses every single day, make your dishes flavourful and make sure that your stomach is always happy.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Different types of beans and lentils and their properties
- How to cook each type of legumes for the best flavour and nutrition
- What to do to avoid negative side effects: indigestion, bloating, gas
- Which spices to use during cooking and why (hint: spices are used not only for flavour!)
- Cooking tehcniques from different traditional cuisines
- Traditional recipes from countires, where beans and lentils have been a staple for centuries, including different types of Indian dals, traditional dishes of Turkey and Peru
- Recipes for stews, soups, curries, hot and cold salads, burger patties, savoury pies and even crepes. Many recipes are inspired by traditional cusines, and some are our personal inventions
- How (and why) to sprout lentils and which dishes you can make with them
By the time Srikant turned 15 he had traveled throughout kitchens in entire South and East of India, assisting his mother with cooking, while she was learning local cuisines. Since then he moved all around the world, always keeping two items in his suitcase: his pressure cooker and a spice box. Srikant ran a successful Supper Club in Berlin, where he transformed local ingredients with Indian spices and now he is teaching the art of Indian cuisine and spices in Germany and in Russia. Srikant only follows traditional healthy practices in his cooking, largely based on Ayurvedic principles. No refined or processed foods are used in his kitchen.
What this Course IncludesLife-time access (including ALL updates) and personal support
When you buy our course you will receive life-time access to all the materials and moreover, all the updates that will be regularly introduced to the course.
High-quality video materials. demonstrations, recipes and bonuses
The course includes video lectures, downloadable materials, personal tests, quizes, cooking demonstrations, detailed techniques and recipes, as well as special bonuses. You will share a classroom with a professional cook and learn all the necessary tricks.
Personal support of the course instructor
You will be added to a private Facebook group for all course participants where our instructor will be answering all your questions, providing personal support. It's like having your own private tutor!